How to prevent your computer from virus and spyware attacks
What is a computer virus?
Virus is a harmful program which when runs on a computer may alter the
information, files and damage data stored in it.
How a computer commonly gets infected from virus.
1. From infected files downloaded from website.
2. From infected files from a infected CD
3. From infected E-mail attachment.
4. From running an unknown program or code on your computer.
What precautions or measures we can take to prevent virus from entering into
1. We can install a good firewall on our computer. Most routers have a
hardware firewall built in, while windows comes packaged with a firewall, turn
2. Install anti-spyware on our computer. Spy Bot search and destroy is the
best free choice
3. Never open an E-mail from an unknown person or unknown source.
4. Install a good Anti-Virus on your computer. AVG Free is recommended.
5. In the Internet Explorer go to go to Tools icon then go to the Internet
Then click the security tab and select the highest security option on the slider.
Then click Apply and Ok. This step will help you from restricting harmful
viruses and Trojans from entering into your computer.
The above instructions will help you reducing the risks of saving your
computer from any Virus Attack.
What we should do when a virus attacks our computer?
1. First of all we should try to back-up our data that is most important to
2. If our computer is on network, just disconnect it from the network so that
the virus should not spread in to the other computers.
3. Now run a good Anti Virus on the computer to scan for the viruses.
4. After the viruses are found by the anti-virus try to remove them with it.
5. Some times the viruses are internet Trojan horses or spyware, in that case
you should use good anti-spyware to remove them.
6. Search the internet for specific cleaner programs and use them to target
Some tips by Cyber Force